Buy Buddha Belly Bamboo Florida
Don’t know where to buy Buddha Belly Bamboo in Florida? No problem. Palmco’s 600-acre palm and bamboo plantation is just what you are looking for. And with our more than 30 years of experience, you can be confident that you are in competent hands.
Palmco is a family owned business established in 1984 on beautiful Pine Island in Florida. Our palm and bamboo plantation is the largest in North America. We specialize in the world’s finest palms and quick-growing "noninvasive" clumping bamboos to ensure that our landscaping and architectural clients get the best products and service.
Before you buy Dwarf Buddha Belly, you should probably get all your questions about bamboo answered. Here are the answers to a few bamboo FAQs that should help you grow and maintain your client’s Dwarf Buddha Belly bamboo:
1. What type of bamboo will you find at Palmco? While there are two distinct bamboo categories, clumping and running, Palmco only grows non-invasive clumping varieties.
2. How do you handle bamboo for installation? Picking them up by their root ball, not the culms, is the best method. Be careful to ensure that you don’t damage the tender shoots and culms.
3. How far apart should you space the bamboo? Of course, spacing distances vary based on the variety, but a good rule of thumb, for large specimens specifically, is between eight and 10 feet apart.
4. How often should bamboo be fertilized? The golden rule is little and often. We advise application of fertilizer three to four times each year. Make sure you use a slow release, high nitrogen, fertilizer.
5. How do you know when your bamboo is stressed? The leaves on bamboo plants often reveal the need for additional watering. Pay attention to curling or folding, but keep in mind that this will also happen naturally at midday. If the leaves begin to yellow or drop off, you are probably watering the bamboo too much.
Now that you know how to care for the bamboo, it’s time to find out more about Dwarf Buddha Belly bamboo!
Facts about Buddha Belly Bamboo
Dwarf Buddha Belly, or Bambusa vulgaris ‘Wamin’, is a non-invasive clumping bamboo. It is best planted in the spring because this allows the necessary time for the root system to become established.
Originally from Burma, these bamboos can grow to 15 feet tall and can handle temperature as low as 30 degrees Fahrenheit. They are fast growing bamboos, capable of reaching full size within three years.
The most unusual aspect of the Dwarf Buddha Belly are the “knotted” culms. The inflated internodes are what give the plant its name. This makes it a most interesting bamboo and a great conversation starter and attention getter for those who are seeking to add a tropical feel to their landscape design.
Dwarf Buddha Belly works well as a specimen thanks to its unique culms and gorgeous green foliage. But it can also be used as a privacy screen thanks to its compact size. And, because it is easy to grow and maintain, your customers will appreciate its presence in their garden areas.
You can definitely buy Buddha Belly Bamboo in Florida from Palmco. If you are looking for top-quality specimens of this bamboo, or other bamboos and palms, contact us today at (239) 283-1329 to place an order.