We look forward to working with you!
Palmco offers a wide variety of quick-growing, beautiful Bamboo...
about our company
We bend over backwards for our clients and vendor partners...
Live Clumping (Non-Invasive) Bamboo for Sale
End your search for live clumping (non-invasive) bamboo for sale at Palmco. We’ve been growing and delivering bamboo and palm trees since 1984. And, with over 600 acres of land, we can provide you with the best clumping bamboos to suit your clients’ needs.
Facts About Clumping Bamboo
Beyond their significant beauty is the fact that clumping bamboos are not invasive. This is because they grow from the center outward. The new culms grow larger in diameter and height each year. This type of growth keeps them from spreading horizontally and makes them an excellent alternative to more aggressive running bamboos.
Our Favorite Clumping Bamboos
Palmco grows 15 incredible varieties of clumping bamboo that are well suited for Florida’s climate. There are the Bambusa which are subtropical and tropical bamboo that are cold hardy to about 20°F, and there is the Dendrocalamus genus which includes some of the most spectacular and largest bamboos in the world.
Here are a few of our favorite clumping bamboos:
• Alphonse Karr- If you are looking for a screen or hedge bamboo, this is one of the best available. It is dense and can grow to 25 feet in height. It has striking, randomly striped yellow culms that add a golden glow to any landscape installation. And, the new shoots and culms are frequently pink.
• Asian Lemon- This is a good choice for privacy screen. Once it is established you will note that the culms are a lemon yellow with green stripes and dark green leaves. Many people use it as a focal point in their landscaping because new culms and shoots will have peach and pink tones.
• Dwarf Buddha Belly- Originally from Burma, this bamboo is best planted in the spring to allow the root system to get properly established. Within three years it will have reached full maturity, and your customers will admire the “knotted culms.” It’s a very interesting bamboo and makes a great discussion piece because there’s no other species in the world that looks like it.
• Emerald- This is a very cold hardy variety that is able to withstand temperatures as low as 15°F. It can reach heights of 40 feet and the culms are about 2 inches in diameter. The lower half of the culm is branchless, so it works well as a specimen or screen. Clients will appreciate the persistent white blooms on the long internodes.
• Graceful- Cold hardy and easy to maintain, this is a wonderful plant for screening. It has a very graceful appearance and is commonly known as Slender Weavers. Indoor installments of this plant are popular around the world. But, keep in mind that full sun will still be necessary.
• Timor Black- From the island of Timor in Indonesia, this is a striking bamboo. When mature, the culms are a shiny purple/black with thin stripes of green. And, the culms are quite large, reaching a diameter of about 3 inches. Since the leaves only grow on the upper half, it’s a great option when height is the requirement.
Live clumping (non-invasive) bamboo for sale can be purchased at Palmco. Whether you need these great specimens for Florida or elsewhere, rest assured that our devoted staff will deliver your selections in excellent condition and on time, ready to be planted. Contact us today at (239) 283-1329 for more information!